English Rice Pudding Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.eatability.com.au/dining-guide/drink/going-to-the-mcg-or-scg-here-s-where-to-eat-*aid-cd693101/
|English Rice Pudding Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 3 cups long grain Rice (cooked)
- 2 cups of Hot Milk
- 2 cup Hot Cream (whipped)
- 4 Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Butter/Margarine
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg (grounded)
How to make English Rice Pudding:
- Mix rice, milk, cream, eggs, sugar, raisins, vanilla extract, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Grease a 13x9 inch baking tray with butter and pour in the mixture.
- Add dots of butter and sprinkle nutmeg evenly over the mixture.
- Place the tray in a large baking pan & add hot water in the pan covering 1 inch.
- Set the oven at 350 °F and bake until the mixture gets a nice light brown color.
- Cool the baked pudding and cut into pieces.
- Serve with lemon sauce.