Finnish Turnips Recipe
|Finnish Turnips Recipe|
||25 Minutes |
||50 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 4 small Turnips (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Butter
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 cup heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1/3 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Cornflakes Cereal (crushed)
- 2 tbsp Cornflakes Cereal (crushed)
How to make Finnish Turnips:
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Boil a pot of water with salt.
- Add turnips and cook till they turn tender but are still firm.
- Drain the turnips thereafter.
- Combine turnips, butter, salt, whipping cream, eggs, brown sugar and 1 cup cornflakes cereal together in a large bowl. Blend the ingredients until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the mixture with 2 tbsp of cornflakes cereals.
- Bake the mixture for 45 to 50 minutes.