Fish Molee Recipe
Photo Credit: http://pachakalokam.com/fish-stew-fish-molee/
|Fish Molee Recipe|
||8.1 / 10 (7 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 500 gm Fish Fillet
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 large Onion (thinly sliced diagonally)
- 1" piece Ginger (cut into long thin strips)
- 2 large Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 2-3 Green Chilies (slit)
- 2 sprigs Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 Tomato (sliced)
- 2 cup Thick Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp Lime juice / Vinegar
- Salt to taste
- 1/ 4 cup Water
How to make Fish Molee:
- Wash the fish fillets thoroughly and then marinate with turmeric powder and salt. Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat a little coconut oil in a frying pan and fry the fish fillets until golden brown in color.
- Take the fillets out of the pan and pour some more oil in the pan. Heat it.
- Add the mustard seeds. Allow to crackle.
- In the same oil, fry onions, garlic and ginger till they get cooked.
- Add chopped green chilies, curry leaves and fry for a minute.
- Now add the tomatoes and saute for a minute more. Do not mash the tomatoes.
- Add the pepper powder, water, lemon juice, chili powder and salt to the above.
- Cook at lower flame for 2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and simmer the gravy for 3 to 4 minutes until it becomes thick.
- Now add the fried fish fillets carefully to the above and cook for another 2-3 minutes or till the fish completely absorbs it.
- Now put off the flame.
- Fish Molee is ready. Serve it with boiled rice.