Fried Brown Rice Recipe
Photo Credit: https://seasonedtotaste.wordpress.com/2012/03/14/shrimp-fried-brown-rice/
|Fried Brown Rice Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 2 cups Rice (rinsed and soaked for 30 minutes)
- 2 Onions (finely sliced)
- 4 tsp Sugar
- 2 (5 cm) Cinnamon Sticks
- 6 Cloves
- 1 tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp melted Ghee
How to make Fried Brown Rice:
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry onions until brown.
- Add rice and fry until lightly golden.
- In the meanwhile, brown the sugar in a separate small pan until dark brown on medium heat.
- Add this to the rice mixture and mix until well blended.
- Add cinnamon sticks, cloves, salt, and 3½ cups water (in which the rice was soaked).
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat. Cover and simmer until the rice just tender and no water is left.
- Remove from the heat and move the pot back and forth and cover again.
- Serve warm after few minutes.