German Potato Cheese Soup Recipe
|German Potato Cheese Soup Recipe|
||6.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
|Calories Per Serving
- 4 cups Water
- 2½ cups Chicken Broth
- 4 tbsp Chicken Soup Base
- ½ tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- 2 large Carrots (finely chopped)
- 4 Potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 large Onion (diced)
- 2 stalks Celery (finely chopped)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 8 ounces Processed Cheese Food
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup Swiss Cheese (shredded)
- ¼ cup dry Potato Flakes
How to make German Potato Cheese Soup:
- Combine water, chicken broth, chicken soup base, black pepper, carrots, potatoes and onions in a large stock pot.
- Boil the mixture reduce it to low. Simmer for 15 minutes till the vegetables turn tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add celery and red bell pepper. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add mayonnaise. Whisk the soup until smooth.
- Add processed cheese, Cheddar cheese and Swiss cheese.
- Stir for about 5 minutes, allowing the cheese to melt.
- Add potato flakes.
- Remove from heat and allow the soup to sit for 15 minutes.
- Serve thereafter.