Photo Credit: http://www.tastingtable.com/entry_detail/chefs_recipes/10644/Vegan_Moroccan_Harira_Recipe_From_Phoebe_Lapine.htm
||15 Minutes |
||150 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 pound Lamb Meat (cubed)
- 1 tsp Turmeric (ground)
- 1½ tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- ¼ tsp Ginger (ground)
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper (ground)
- 2 tbsp Margarine
- ¾ cup Celery (chopped)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 Red Onion (chopped)
- ½ cup fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- 1 (29 ounce) can Tomatoes (diced)
- 7 cups Water
- ¾ cup Green Lentils
- 1 (15 ounce) can Garbanzo Beans (drained)
- 4 ounces Vermicelli Pasta
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
How to make Harira:
- Place a large pot over low heat and add lamb meat, turmeric, black pepper, cinnamon, ginger, cayenne pepper, margarine, celery, onion and cilantro. Stir well for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, reserving the juice, to the mixture. Mix well.
- Simmer the mixture for 15 minutes.
- Pour in the tomato juice, water and green lentils.
- Boil the mixture and reduce the heat. Simmer for 2 hours.
- Around 10 minutes before serving, increase the heat to medium-high.
- Add garbanzo beans and vermicelli pasta to the soup. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and eggs. Cook for another 1 minute.
- Ladle into soup bowls and serve hot.