Hyderabadi Biryani Recipe
|Hyderabadi Biryani Recipe|
|Rating||8.5 / 10 (188 votes)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- ½ kg Basmati Rice (semi-cooked)
- 1 kg Boneless Meat (washed and chopped into square pieces)
- 500 gm Curd
- 4-6 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 4-6 Green Chilli
- 2 Big Onions (sliced)
- ¼ cup Lime Juice
- ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- A pinch of Caraway Seeds (Shahi Zeera)
- 5-6 twigs Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- 5-6 twigs Mint Leaves (chopped)
- 2 pinch Saffron
- 1-2 Cinnamon
- 2-3 pods Cardamom
- 2-3 drops Saffron Color
- 1-2 pods Clove
- 2 cup Oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Ghee
How to make Hyderabadi Biryani:
- Smear the pieces of meat with ginger-garlic paste.
- Keep them to marinate for an hour.
- In the meanwhile, fry the sliced onions in a heated pan on low flame till light brown.
- Let the onions cool down and crush them.
- Now add crushed fried onion (only three-fourth), curd, red chilli powder, cinnamon, green chilli paste, cardamom, shahi zeera, coriander leaves, clove, saffron water, mint leaves and salt to the marinated meat.
- Leave the meat as it is for 1 hour.
- Make the mixture of aromatic water by adding salt (one tsp), cinnamon, clove, cardamom, mint leaves and coriander leaves in a little water.
- Now spread a layer of semi-cooked rice in a heavy bottomed vessel.
- Add saffron color, limejuice, ghee and the remaining crushed onions over the layer of rice.
- Spread a layer of marinated meat over this, and again spread the remaining semi-cooked rice.
- Now add the aromatic water in a circular motion over the rice layer.
- Now tightly cover the vessel with a lid. Keep it on a low flame.
- Remove the vessel from the flame exactly after 15 minutes.
- Hyderabadi Biryani is ready to eat. Serve hot.