Kashmiri Naan Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.littleindia.co.nz/kashmiri-naan.html
|Kashmiri Naan Recipe|
||6.7 / 10 (3 votes)|
- For Dough
- 6 cups All-Purpose White Flour
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Sugar (granulated)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 cup Sugar (granulated)
- 1/2 cup Cashews
- 1/4 cup Almonds
- 1 cup Maraschino Cherry (well drained)
How to make Kashmiri Naan:
- For Making Dough
- Combine all the ingredients listed for making dough and mix them well. You can use a sturdy mixture or your hands to do that.
- Add 1-2 tbsp water and mix thoroughly to make the dough smooth and pliable.
- Once the dough is ready, transfer it to a large bowl and cover it. Set it aside for a few hours in a warm place.
For Making Stuffing
- Grind the ingredients listed to make the stuffing into a smooth paste, in a food processor.
Making the Naan
- Divide the dough into 14 equal parts.
- Using your hand or a rolling pin, roll a piece of dough to make a thin circle.
- Place some stuffing on the centre of the dough circle. Fold the edges of the dough over the stuffing and pinch them together so that the stuffing doesn't fall down. Use your hands to press the dough into a large circle.
- Preheat the broiler at a high temperature.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over very high heat, till it is very hot.
- Place a stuffed dough circle on to the skillet and immediately keep the skillet under the broiler.
- Cook for about 5-6 minutes, or till it turns golden brown in color.
- Remove the naan from the oven and follow the same process to make more naans.