Photo Credit: http://www.dreamcoexpress.com/Details/Image-Gallery/Beef-Bhuna-Khichuri
||20 Minutes |
||35 Minutes |
||8.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 4 medium Potatoes (cut into cubes)
- 1¼ cups Rice
- 1¼ cups Moong Dal
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Sugar
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ cup Peas
- 250 g Cauliflower Florets
- 6 cups Water
- Salt (to taste)
- 6 Green Chilies
- 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 4 tbsp Ghee
- ¾ tbsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 whole Red Chilies
- 4 Green Cardamoms
- 6 Cloves
- 2 (1 inch) pieces Cinnamon
How to make Khichuri:
- Rinse rice and keep aside.
- Roast moong dal and set aside.
- Cook dal and rice together in water in a large pot.
- Meanwhile, fry potatoes, cauliflower, and peas in a frying pan.
- Mix turmeric powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, sugar, and salt. Add to the vegetables.
- Add the vegetables to the cooked rice-dal mix and stir gently.
- Remove from heat when rice turns tender.
- Heat ghee and splutter cumin seeds.
- Add bay leaves,red chilies, cardamoms, cloves, and cinnamon.
- Pour this to the pot and cover immediately.
- Serve hot with yogurt and pickle.