Korean Egg Roll Triangles Recipe
|Korean Egg Roll Triangles Recipe|
||45 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- ½ (8 ounce) package dry thin Asian Rice Noodles (rice vermicelli)
- ½ medium head Cabbage (cored and shredded)
- 1 (12 ounce) package firm Tofu
- 2 small Zucchini (shredded)
- 4 Green Onions (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper (ground)
- 2 tbsp Asian Sesame Oil (toasted)
- 2 Eggs (slightly beaten)
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package round Wonton Wrappers
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil (for frying)
How to make Korean Egg Roll Triangles:
- Boil sufficient water in a large pot to cook noodles.
- Add the rice noodles and boil them till they turn tender, for about 3 to 5 minutes. Make sure to stir the noodles occasionally.
- Drain the noodles and rinse them in cold water.
- Drain in a colander and chop them into small pieces. Set aside.
- Wrap the cabbage in a kitchen towel and squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Take a large bowl and combine together cabbage, tofu, zucchini, green onions, garlic, black pepper, sesame oil, eggs, salt and rice noodles.
- Mix the ingredients with your hands, breaking the tofu into very small chunks, till they are evenly blended.
- Place the wonton wrappers on a working surface.
- Place 1 to 3 teaspoons of the mixture in the center of the wrapper.
- Moisten the edge of the wrapper with your finger dipped in water and fold the wrapper pinching the sides to seal them. the wrapped wontons should look like a half-moon shape.
- Keep placing the wontons on a cookie sheet while you are working with the wonton wrappers.
- Place a heavy skillet on fire and heat vegetable oil.
- Fry the rolls in batches till they turn golden brown for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.