Photo Credit: http://www.bawarchi.com/recipe/makandi-oetmWgaagfijf.html
||15 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
- 2 (16 oz) tins Red Kidney Beans (cooked)
- 1 (16 oz) tin Coconut Cream
- 2 (16 oz) tins Homny (cooked dry corn)
- 1 Red Onion (diced)
- 2 Tomatoes (diced)
- 3 Green Chilies (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- Fresh Coriander, for garnish
- Salt to taste
How to make Makandi:
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan.
- To this, add cumin seeds. As the seeds start to splutter, add turmeric powder.
- Next, add the chopped onions and cook until golden brown.
- Add diced tomatoes and cook until oil separates.
- Mix in red kidney beans and ready to cook homny. Mix well and cook over low heat.
- Add salt, fresh green chilies, lime juice and fresh coriander leaves
- Just before serving, add the coconut milk and bring to a quick boil.
- Garnish with remaining coriander leaves.
- Serve hot.
Serve with plain rice.