Mallige Idli Recipe
Photo Credit: http://therecipehunter.blogspot.in/2011/04/mallige-idli-super-soft-and-spongy.html
|Mallige Idli Recipe|
||7.4 / 10 (26 votes)|
- 3 Cups of idli rice
- 1-1/2 Cups urad dal
- 1 Handful of cooked white rice
- 1 Handful Poha or puffed rice
- 1 Cup curd
- Salt to taste
How to make Mallige Idli:
- Soak idli rice and urad dal separately for about 4 hours in hot water.
- Grind urad dal into a very soft batter along with little water,set aside.
- Now grind idli rice also into not very soft paste along with cooked rice, poha and sour curd.
- Combine urad dal paste with idli rice mixture.
- Add salt to taste,mix well.
- Place it in a hot place overnight for 10 to 12 hours for fermentation.
- Now pour batter into idli stand and steam cook for about 15 to 20 minutes until done.
- Let the idlis cool for few minutes before taking them out.
- Mallige Idli is ready to serve.