Moong Dal Chakli Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.madhurasrecipe.com/snacks/Chakali---Tastes-good-as-Bhajani-Chakali
|Moong Dal Chakli Recipe|
||9.7 / 10 (9 votes)|
- 2 Cups rice flour
- 1/2 Cup mung dal paste
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1 Red chili powder (optional)
- Oil for frying
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
How to make Moong Dal Chakli:
- Cook the moong dal with sufficient water.
- Mash it properly to make paste.
- Take a big bowl and combine together the rice flour, turmeric, salt, mung dal paste, chili powder, and cumin seeds.
- Heat oil and add it to the rice flour mixture.
- Make stiff dough, add water as needed.
- Knead with hand. Do not use food processor.
- Take small portion of dough and put it in a chakli mould or icing bag with star nozzle.
- Take oil in a frying pan and heat it.
- Drop a small piece of dough into oil and wait for 3 seconds, if it does not rise on the top then oil needs to be heated.
- Make a spiral with the chakli mould or icing bag.
- Deep fry it until golden brown.
- Store it in an airtight container when cool.