Moong dal khichdi Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/2014/06/18/moong-dal-khichdi/
|Moong dal khichdi Recipe|
||5 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 cup Yellow Moong Dal (split yellow gram)
- 1 cup Rice (chawal)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder(haldi)
- 10 Black Peppercorns (kalimirch)
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
How to make Moong dal khichdi:
- Wash and soak the moong dal and rice together. Drain.
- In a bowl, mix the dal and rice with the turmeric powder, peppercorns, 4 1/2 cups of water and salt.
- Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles and set aside for 20 minutes till the steam has been released.
- Remove from the pressure cooker, add the ghee and mix well.
- Serve hot with kadhi and papad.