Moroccan Lentil Salad Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/moroccan_puy_lentil_60450
|Moroccan Lentil Salad Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- ½ cup Lentils (dry)
- 1½ cups Water
- ½ (15 ounce) can Garbanzo Beans (drained)
- 2 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 4 Green Onions (chopped)
- 2 Hot Green Chile Peppers (minced)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- ½ Yellow Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ cup fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
How to make Moroccan Lentil Salad:
- Pour water in a pot and add the lentils.
- Boil the water and reduce to simmer.
- Cook the lentils for 30 minutes or till they are tender.
- Take a medium mixing bowl and combine together lentils, garbanzo beans, tomatoes, green onions, Chile peppers, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper and red bell pepper.
- Season with lime juice, olive oil, cilantro and salt. Toss the ingredients to blend them well.
- Refrigerate the salad for 20 minutes.
- Serve chilled.