Plum Crumble Pie Recipe
|Plum Crumble Pie Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 (9 inch) Pie Shells (unbaked)
- For Filling:
- ½ cup Sugar (granulated)
- 3 tbsp Tapioca Flour
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- ¼ tsp Ginger (ground)
- ¼ tsp Cardamom (ground, optional)
- 4 cups Plums (pitted and cut into quarters)
- ¼ cup Plum Jam
- For Crumb Topping:
- ¾ cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 pinch Cinnamon (ground)
- 1/3 cup Unsalted Butter (cut into pieces)
How to make Plum Crumble Pie:
- Preheat oven to 450 °F.
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine together granulated sugar, tapioca flour, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and plums. Toss well to coat the ingredients.
- Add plum jam and stir well.
- Spread the filling along with its juices onto the unbaked pie shell.
- Place the pie shell on a baking sheet to avoid any juices from dripping.
- Mix together all-purpose flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in another large bowl.
- Add the butter and work with your fingers to form small and large crumbles.
- Sprinkle the flour crumbles over the plums.
- Bake the pie for 15 minutes till the pastry edges are well cooked.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 375 °F and bake the pie for another 30 to 35 minutes till the juices are bubbling and the topping has turned brown.