Puran Poli Recipe
|Puran Poli Recipe|
|Rating||9.3 / 10 (31 votes)|
- 1/2 kg Maida (All purpose flour)
- 1/2 kg Lentil (Gram dal)
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 1/2 kg Jaggery
- 100 ml Oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Puran Poli:
- Wash and boil the lentil with water and 1/2 tsp salt till it becomes soft.
- Cool slightly and strain the dal using a strainer.
- Add cardamom powder and jaggery and grind to make fine paste.
- If the paste is sticky, keep it on fire to dry up completely. This is puran.
- Knead 1/2 kg maida with water and 1/2 tsp salt. Do not make it hard.
- Add oil and knead the maida again till oil gets absorbed.
- Prepare equal number of balls from maida and puran.
- Roll out maida balls to make small pooris.
- Stuff these pooris with puran ball.
- Roll them again into balls.
- Roll out to make chapatis. It is called poli.
- Heat a griddle and roast each poli.
- Apply ghee on both sides when done.
- Serve with hot cup of tea.