Saffron Rice and Chicken Recipe
Photo Credit: http://isinginthekitchen.com/2013/02/04/maple-dijon-glazed-man-pleasing-chicken-with-saffron-pistachio-and-mixed-herb-rice/
|Saffron Rice and Chicken Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 Yellow Onions (diced)
- 1 Green Pepper (diced)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1/8 tsp Oregano
- Salt to taste
- ½ tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- 1 Tomato (diced)
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Rice
- 5 strands Saffron
- Peas and Pimentos for garnish
- 4 Chicken Pieces
How to make Saffron Rice and Chicken:
- Preheat the oven at 375°F.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the onion until it is cooked.
- Put in chicken pieces and fry it. Pour into water and get it to boil.
- Mix in rice with saffron and boil it once more. Transfer the rice mixture to baking pan and bake it covered for 20 min.
- Add on peas with pimentos and serve it hot.