Sarson Ka Saag Recipe
Photo Credit: http://onlinepunjabirecipes.blogspot.in/2013/06/vegetarian-dishes.html
|Sarson Ka Saag Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 1 kg Sarson (Green Mustard)
- 250 g Spinach
- 2 Turnip (peeled and chopped) (optional)
- 2 tsp Maize Flour (Makki ka Atta)
- 2 inch Ginger (finely chopped)
- 3 to 4 flakes Garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 to 3 green Chilies (finely chopped)
- 1-1/2 tsp powdered Jaggery (gur)
- Salt to taste
- 3 tsp Ghee
- 1 inch Ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 green Chilies (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp red Chili powder
How to make Sarson Ka Saag:
- Wash, clean and chop the spinach and mustard leaves
- Pressure cook the leaves with ginger, garlic, turnip, and green chilies.
- Next, add salt and half a cup of water.
- The saag will be ready in 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Grind the spinach leaves to a coarse paste.
- Add maize flour and cook for 15 minutes on low heat.
- Make a tempering or tadka with ghee, ginger, red chilies and green chilies.
- Add this tempering to the saag and mix it lightly.
- Serve hot.
Serve hot with makki ki roti