Sour Cream Cake Recipe
|Sour Cream Cake Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||75 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 2 large Eggs (separated)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Brown Sugar (firmly packed)
- ½ cup Amaretto Liqueur
- 1 cup Coconut
- ½ cup Water
- ½ cup ground Pecans
- 2 Eggs
- 1 package Cake Mix
- 1 cup powdered Sugar (sifted)
- 1 tbsp Corn Syrup
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 3 tsp Water
- 2 tbsp Amaretto Liqueur
- 2 tsp ground Pecans
- 1 tbsp Butter (softened)
- 6 Maraschino Cherries
How to make Sour Cream Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat 2 egg whites in a bowl until foamy.
- Stir in brown sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add in coconut and ground pecans. Keep meringue aside.
- Combine cake mix and sour cream with amaretto liqueur, water, eggs, and separated 2 egg yolks at low speed until moistened. Beat for 2 minutes on high speed to form a smooth batter.
- Prepare a buttered pan, spreading meringue in the bottom and 1 inch upside bottom. Pour the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove and cool for few minutes. Invert the pan and shift the cake into a serving plate.
- Prepare the icing by blending the icing ingredients together, except cherries and pecans.
- Spread over the cake after it has cooled completely.
- Decorate with cherries and pecans.
- Cut into slices and serve.