Sweet Pongal Recipe
Photo Credit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94oQxAizFE4 / https://www.google.co.in/search?q=Schezwan+Fried+Rice&rlz=1CASMAC_enIN648IN649&espv=2&biw=1100&bih=1042&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI_rDz-dbhxgIV0guOCh36PwaR#tbm=isch&q=Sweet+Pongal&imgrc=WWBhSKLBl68MRM%3A
|Sweet Pongal Recipe|
||8.7 / 10 (10 votes)|
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/3 cup Green Gram Dal
- 1-1/2 cups Powdered Jaggery
- 5 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Cashewnuts
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
How to make Sweet Pongal:
- Roast gram dal in a pan till it turns light brown.
- Wash roasted dal along with rice.
- Put it into a pressure cooker with 4-1/2 cups of water.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Completely dissolve jaggery in half cup of water in a shallow pan.
- Remove the dirt by straining it and heat once again until you achieve one string consistency.
- Now mix cooked rice-dal mixture into it and keep on a medium flame for few minutes. Remove the mixture from the flame.
- Fry cashewnuts and raisins separately in ghee. Mix it to the prepared pongal and add cardamom powder.
- Sweet Pongal is ready to serve.