Sweet Potato Kheer Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.sonisfood.com/2013/11/sweet-potato-kheerpudding-indiandesserts-diwali.html
|Sweet Potato Kheer Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
- 1 Medium sweet potato
- 1 Litre milk
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Raisins
- 1 tsp Almonds, slivered
- 1 tsp Pista (pistachios), slivered
- 1 tbsp Fine vermicelli
- 1 tsp Refined oil
How to make Sweet Potato Kheer:
- Steam the potato in a pressure cooker till 3 to 4 whistles.
- Peel off the skin of steamed potato and grate with a grater.
- Take oil in a thick bottomed pan and warm it.
- Add vermicelli and stir-fry until light golden.
- Drain the fried vermicelli and keep it aside.
- Pour milk in a deep pan and boil well for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Now add sweet grated potato, cardamom powder and sugar.
- Stir well until sugar gets dissolved.
- Then add remaining ingredients and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Take off heat and serve it hot.
Be sure to add potatoes in milk just few minutes before serving.