Sweet Saffron Rice Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.helloorganic.com/Sweet_Saffron_Rice_rte.html
|Sweet Saffron Rice Recipe|
||7.5 / 10 (2 votes)|
- 3/4 Cup rice
- 1/2 tsp Saffron strands
- 2 tbsp Hot milk
- 45 gm Clarified butter or margarine
- 2/3 Cup cold milk
- 3 Cardamom seeds
- 1 Inch stick cinnamon
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cream
- 30 gm Chopped walnuts
- 1/2 Cup raisins
How to make Sweet Saffron Rice:
- Soak saffron strands in hot milk.
- Boil rice for 5 minutes, then drain.
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Fry the boiled rice, cardamom seeds and cinnamon stick for 3 minutes.
- Mix cold milk and sugar, stir gently.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook the rice over low heat until done.
- Add cream and saffron milk.
- Cover it and put on low heat for a minute.
- Place into a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with nuts and raisins.