Tidali Dal Recipe
Photo Credit: http://indianvoice.com.au/index.php?page=recipes
|Tidali Dal Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
- ¼ cup Channa Dal
- ¼ cup Urad Dal
- ¼ cup Split Green Moong Dal
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Tomato, grated
- 2 green Chili, chopped
- 1 inch Ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp Garlic, crushed
- 6 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Fresh Lime Juice, as per taste
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp Fresh Coriander Leaves, for garnishing
How to make Tidali Dal:
- Mix the dal in a bowl, wash it and then soak it for an hour.
- Now, take a cooker and put all dals in it along with the chopped onions, green chili, ginger, garlic, curry leaves, salt and 1 and ½ cups water.
- Cook the dal till 4 whistles so that it is cooked but not soggy.
- Take a pan and heat oil in it. When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds to it. When the seeds start to crackle, put coriander powder, red chili powder and turmeric powder in it and fry it for a minute.
- Now, add grated tomato in it and cook till oil start to separate from it.
- Add the cooked dal to the pan along with water to get desired consistency and let it boil. Turn the knob on simmer flame for 10 minutes.
- Taste the dal and put lemon juice in it as per taste. Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve hot.