Turkish Rissoles Recipe
|Turkish Rissoles Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||10 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 pound Lamb (ground)
- 1 pound Beef (ground)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper (ground)
- 1 tbsp Cumin (ground)
- 2 tsp Sweet Paprika (ground)
- 3 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Onions (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 4 cloves Garlic (peeled)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ bunch fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 3 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 2 small Eggs
How to make Turkish Rissoles:
- Combine lamb, beef, salt, black pepper, cumin, sweet paprika and tomato paste in a large bowl. Do not mix the contents, only set them aside.
- Mix onions and garlic in a blender.
- Process and add olive oil till the paste attains a paste-like texture.
- Add parsley and blend again for 5 seconds.
- Pour the onion paste to the meat mixture.
- Using your hands, knead the mixture.
- Sprinkle flour over the mixture.
- Add eggs to the mixture and knead to blend well.
- Allow the mixture to rest for 5 minutes. Knead again lightly.
- Place a small amount of the mixture on your palms. Close your fingers around the meat and pat to shape into a ball. Press henceforth to form a patty.
- Place the patty on a large plate.
- Repeat with the remaining meat mixture.
- Cover the plate with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven broiler. Set the oven rack 3 inches away from the heat source.
- Place aluminum foil in a pan.
- Arrange the rissoles ½ inch apart.
- Broil the rissoles till they are deep golden brown in color on both sides. Turn the rissoles once in between broiling.