|Rating||9.3 / 10 (57 votes)|
- 1 Cup urad dal
- 3 Cups raw rice
- 1 Spoon minced ginger
- 3 Small onions (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Chopped coriander leaves
- 2-3 Chopped green chillies
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil
How to make Uttapam:
- Wash urad dal and rice separately.
- Soak in water for 3 hours in two bowls.
- Blend them separately to smooth paste using some water.
- Mix them and add the salt.
- Keep it for the whole night.
- Mix the batter well next morning till it is sufficiently thick.
- Mix the green chillies, onion, coriander leaves and ginger in a bowl.
- Heat a flat griddle and rub some oil on it.
- Pour some batter on it with a ladle and spread it to a thick circle.
- Cook it on the other side.
- Sprinkle some onion mixture on the top side and overturn the Uttapam.
- Cook in the same way on the other side.
- When it is roasted enough, put it down on a plate.
- Repeat the process.