Photo Credit: http://sobha-goodfood.blogspot.in/2012/04/vattayappam-steamed-rice-cake.html
||5.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 2 -1/2 Cups raw rice
- 1 Can coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp Fresh yeast
- 1/2 Cup of warm water
- 1/2 Cup rava
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup raisins
- 1-1/2 Cups of water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
How to make Vattayappam:
- Soak rice in water for about 6 hours and grind it into a fine paste.
- Add coconut milk and mix well
- Mix yeast and 1 tsp sugar in warm water till it rises, keep aside.
- Combine rava with 1-1/2 cups water and place it on medium-high heat, till rava thickens keep stirring.
- It should not contain any lumps, leave the gruel to cool.
- Combine the yeast solution, 1 cup sugar and the gruel to the rice batter, mix well.
- Keep the batter overnight or until it has risen.
- Add raisins and salt to it and pour into well-greased plates and steam it.
- Cut Vattayapam into diamond shapes, when cool.