Ven Pongal Recipe
|Ven Pongal Recipe|
|Rating||6.2 / 10 (11 votes)|
- 1/4 cup Moong dal
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tbsp Dry Ginger
- 1 tsp Hing
- 1 tbsp Cumin Powder
- Few Cashews
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder to taste
- 6 cups Water
How to make Ven Pongal:
- Wash and drain rice and dal together.
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in the rice cooker.
- Now mix rice and dal.
- Fry until the ghee forms a coat over the mixture.
- Add the remaining ingredients except cashew nuts.
- Add water and cook it covered.
- Stir occasionally till the rice gets fully mashed.
- Garnish the dish with cashews.
- Ven Pongal is ready to serve.