Andhra Spicy Mutton Curry Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.boldsky.com/cookery/non-vegetarian/mutton/andhra-style-mutton-curry-032915.html
|Andhra Spicy Mutton Curry Recipe|
||40 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
||8.2 / 10 (10 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 600 gms Mutton
- 2 Onion( finely chopped)
- 3 Tomato (finely chopped)
- 6- 7 Curry Leaves
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1 ½ tbsp Ginger & Garlic Paste
- ¼ tsp Cumin Seeds( Jeera )
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Masala To grind :
- 3 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon
- 1 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup Coconut (shredded)
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/4 cup Onion (Sliced)
- 4 -5 Whole Red Chilies
- ½ Whole Black pepper
- 3 Cardamom
- ½ cup Coriander Leaves
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds
How to make Andhra Spicy Mutton Curry:
- Cook in the pressure pan by adding 1 cup of water, cumin seeds, salt and turmeric powder for about four to five whistles.
- Remove it and separate the water and mutton.
- In a pan fry the ingredients ( cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, bay leaves, cumin seeds, whole black pepper, red chili, and fennel seeds ).
- Once it is cooled grind it into fine powder. And set it aside.
- In the same pan fry onions till it becomes brown. Add them to the ground mixture.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (coriander leaves, coconut, and coriander powder).
- Grind it into a smooth paste.
- Take a large pan add oil and onions and other things, and fry them till it becomes transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry it for few minutes, add mutton and deep fry them all together for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes , salt, turmeric powder and the curry leaves. Cook them in heat for about 3-4 minutes in a low heat.
- Add the ground mixture and some water , stir them all together and allow it to settle in heat for about 5 -10 minutes.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and lemon juice.
Goes great with Hyderabadi dhum biryani and chapati.