Aval Payasam Recipe
|Aval Payasam Recipe|
|Rating||9.2 / 10 (5 votes)|
- 1/4 Cup poha (flattened rice)
- 1 Litre whole cream milk
- 5 Almonds, thinly slivered
- 5 Pistachios thinly slivered
- 5 Pinches cardamom powder
- 1 Cup sugar
- 4 Cashews, broken
- 15 Raisins
How to make Aval Payasam:
- Wash and drain the poha. Leave it aside for 10 minutes.
- Separate poha grains with your finger.
- Boil the milk in a large vessel.
- When milk starts boiling, add poha and stir gently.
- Bring to boil again.
- Simmer till milk volume reduces to half. Stir occasionally.
- Now add sugar and cardamom. Stir to dissolve.
- Add raisins and cashews. Simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and pistachios.
- Aval Payasam is ready.