Bitter Gourd Curry Recipe
|Bitter Gourd Curry Recipe|
|Rating||5.8 / 10 (4 votes)|
- 2 Medium-sized bitter gourds
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Chopped ginger
- 1 tsp Chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp Ceylon curry powder
- 1/2 Cup coconut milk
- Oil for frying
- 1 Stick cinnamon
- Lime juice to taste
- Water as required
- Salt and turmeric to taste
How to make Bitter Gourd Curry:
- Wash and cut the gourds across into 1 cm rounds.
- Rub with salt and turmeric and keep aside for at least 20 minutes.
- Dry well on paper towels, fry the slices in hot oil till golden brown.
- Take them out and drain.
- In a saucepan saute the onion in 2 tbsp oil till soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, till they are fragrant and start to turn golden. Add curry powder and fry, keep stirring.
- Add coconut milk with the same amount of water and a stick of cinnamon.
- Bring it to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Combine bitter gourd slices and lime juice with it and simmer for about 10 minutes longer.