Chettinad Masala Siyam Recipe
Photo Credit: http://food.sulekha.com/chettinad-masala-siyam.htm
|Chettinad Masala Siyam Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||10 Minutes |
- 2½ cup Rice
- 1½ cup Urad Dal
- 2- 3 tbsp Grated Coconut
- 1 Medium Sized Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 4 to 5 Curry Leaves
- Salt, to taste
How to make Chettinad Masala Siyam:
- Soak rice and dal for 2 hours and then grind them in the food processor to make a smooth batter.
- Heat oil in the pan and put mustard seeds in it.
- When the seeds start to splutter, fry curry leaves, onions and coconut in it till onion is brown in color.
- Add this mixture to the batter along with salt and mix well.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and heat oil in it for deep frying. Now, make small balls of the batter and deep fry it in batches.
- Serve hot with chutney.