Christmas Rice Porridge Recipe
Photo Credit: http://thecountrybasket.com/norwegian-riskrem-rice-pudding-christmas-dessert-recipe/
|Christmas Rice Porridge Recipe|
||60 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 300 ml Short-grain Rice
- ½ liter Water
- 1 liter Milk
- 1-2 tsp Salt
- Butter or Margarine
- 1 Almond (blanched)
How to make Christmas Rice Porridge:
- Pour water in a saucepan and bring it to a boil.
- Add rice and cook it, till it absorbs all the water.
- Mix in milk and boil the mixture, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer until well cooked, say for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Season with salt and a few teaspoons of butter.
- Before serving, mix blanched almonds in the porridge.