Coconut Halwa Recipe
Photo Credit: http://56bhogs.blogspot.in/2010/06/coconut-halwa.html
|Coconut Halwa Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 2 cups (16 ounces) Coconut (fresh and grated) (frozen also can be used)
- ½ cup (4 ounces) Rice (uncooked)
- ½ cup (4 ounces) Sugar
- 1 or 2 tsp Ghee
- ¼ tsp Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
- Cashews and Raisins sauteed in some ghee
How to make Coconut Halwa:
- Soak rice in enough water for 2 to 3 hours until it becomes soft.
- Grind the soaked rice and grated coconut into a very fine paste by adding some water. But do not make it too much watery. It should be like a smooth paste and keep this aside.
- In a non-stick pan pour sugar and add some water just enough to immerse the sugar (approximately ½ cup or 4 ounces). Boil the sugar solution till it becomes thick.
- Then immediately add the cardamom powder and coconut rice paste and keep stirring until it becomes thick and stick on the sides of the pan.
- Just before turning off the flame, add ghee and mix well.
- Great tasting coconut halwa is ready!!
- Garnish the halwa with fried cashew and raisins.
Spread the halwa on a plate and cut into desired shapes when it becomes cool