Dahi Vada Recipe
|Dahi Vada Recipe|
|Rating||9.2 / 10 (33 votes)|
- 2 cups Urad Dal
- 5 Green Chillies (chopped)
- 4'' Ginger (chopped)
- 4 cups Curd
- 1 cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp Roasted Jeera
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Oil for deep-frying
- Salt to taste
How to make Dahi Vada:
- Soak two cups urad dal for about 6 hours.
- Grind the soaked dal. Add salt, ginger, green chillies and little water to make smooth batter.
- Beat this batter well, so that there are no lumps.
- Heat oil in a pan. With the help of the slotted spoon, leave the batter in form of vadas in the oil.
- Deep fry the vadas and keep them on a blotting paper to remove excess oil.
- Now dip the vadas in cold salted water to extract their oil for few minutes.
- Now squeeze out the water from vadas and keep them aside.
- Add milk with the curd to whip the curd well.
- Now add roasted jeera, red chilli powder and salt to the curd.
- Put seasoned curd in a dish. Dip vadas in the curd.
- Keep it in the freezer for half an hour.
- Dahi Vada is ready to serve.