|Rating||8.3 / 10 (34 votes)|
- 4 measures of Rice
- 1 measure of Urud Dal
- 2 tsp Methi Seeds (fenugreek seeds)
- Salt to taste
- Oil to fry
How to make Dosa:
- Soak the urud dal and the methi seeds together in a bowl for about 4 hours, with the water fully covering the dal and methi seeds.
- Also soak the rice separately, for about 4 hours.
- Grind the urud dal, methi seed mix to a smooth paste. Add very little water while grinding, or avoid it if possible.
- Grind the rice coarsely and mix the urud dal and methi seed paste with the paste of rice.
- Mix them well and allow fermenting overnight.
- Next morning, stir the batter well and add salt to this batter. Batter should have a pouring consistency, you may add little water if required.
- Heat the griddle and grease it before pouring the dosas.
- Pick up a serving spoon full of batter, pour it at the center of the pan and using spoon, spread the batter quickly. Note that the batter should not touch the edges.
- Now trickle little oil around the edges of the dosa.
- When the edges start browning, flip the dosa with the pancake flipper.
- Let it cook on the same side for around 1 min.
- Then, pick the edges off of one side of the dosa with the flipper and fold it over the other side
- Dosa is ready to serve.