Kanji Vadas Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.chezshuchi.com/Kanji_Ke_Vade.html
|Kanji Vadas Recipe|
||6.2 / 10 (6 votes)|
- 2 ½ cup Split Yellow Gram (Moong Dal)
- ½ tsp Green Chilli Paste
- ½ tsp Ginger Paste
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds
- ¼ cup Mustard Seeds
- 1 ½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Black Salt
- A pinch of Hing (asafoetida)
- Salt to taste
- Oil (as per required)
How to make Kanji Vadas:
- In a bowl, add mustard seeds, black salt, chilli powder and salt. Blend this mixture in a mixer to make a fine powder.
- Now, add 1½ litres of water to this mixture and mix well. The kanji is ready. All you need to do now is refrigerate it for about 24 hours.
- To make the vadas, soak the moong dal in water for about four hours. Thereafter, drain out the water and make a coarse paste of moong dal.
- Add ginger paste, green chilli paste, salt, hing and fennel seeds to the moong dal mixture and mix well.
- Now, take a pan and heat oil in it.
- Take about two tablespoons of the paste in wet hand and give it a circular shape. Now fry this in the hot oil till it turns golden brown.
- Repeat the same procedure with rest of the moong dal paste.
- Keep aside the fried vadas and let them cool.
- Put these vadas in water for about an hour, so that they become soft. Thereafter, squeeze out the water from the vadas and soak them in the kanji.
- Keep them in the kanji for atleast one hour.
- Enjoy chilled and spicy Kanji vadas.