Kerala Crab Curry Recipe
Photo Credit: http://adukkala.com/non-veg-recipes/malabar-njandu-crab-curry/
|Kerala Crab Curry Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||9.5 / 10 (2 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 5 large Crabs (half boiled)
- 3 Green Chilies (finely sliced)
- 1½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 4 tbsp Roasted Curry Powder
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 2 large Onions (Kunjulli) (finely grinded)
- 1 tsp Fenugreek (Uluva)
- 2 pieces Gamboges (Kudam Puli) (finely chopped)
- 1 strand Curry Leaves (finely grinded)
- 5 cups Coconut Milk (thick)
- Lemon Juice (as required)
- 2 ½ cups Water
- Salt to taste
How to make Kerala Crab Curry:
- Cut and clean the crabs and divide each into four parts.
- Over an oil heated pan at medium flame place the crab pieces gently.
- Stir it upside down then add all the spices and cover it for a minute.
- Open the lid then add mustard powder, lemon juice, coconut milk, water and salt each at a time.
- Continuously keep stirring for five minutes.
- Allow it to boil then seal it and lower the flame.
- Simmer it for fifteen minutes till tender and put it aside.
Best serve it with rice and veg-briyani.