Kesari Phirni Recipe
Photo Credit: https://judyscakesandtreats.wordpress.com/2010/07/16/kesari-phirni/
|Kesari Phirni Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||120 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 50 g Basmati Rice (soaked)
- 1 litre Milk
- A few strands of Saffron (kesar)
- 1 cup Sugar
- A few drops Rose Water
- 1/2 tsp Green Cardamom Powder
- 8-10 Pistachios (chopped)
How to make Kesari Phirni:
- In a shallow bottom pan, boil the milk and then simmer it in low flame till it reduces a little.
- Take the soaked rice and grind it into a coarse paste. Add a little milk to it to thin its consistency.
- Add the rice paste to the milk and cook, stirring continuously. Take care not to form any lumps.
- Add saffron and sugar and cook till it thickens.
- Now sprinkle green cardamom powder and rose water to it and mix well. Remove from heat.
- Pour out in serving bowl and garnish with pistachios.
- Serve chilled.