Maharashtrian Chicken Curry Recipe
|Maharashtrian Chicken Curry Recipe|
|Rating||8.0 / 10 (6 votes)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 1 kg Chicken pieces
- 2 large Onions, cut into quarters
- 3 tbsp Fresh coconut, grated
- 1 tbsp Garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 1 Cup coconut milk
- 2 Large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 Green chilies, slit lengthwise (optional)
- 2 Large potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch cubes
- Salt to taste
- Chopped fresh coriander, for garnish
How to make Maharashtrian Chicken Curry:
- Put chopped onion, coconut powder, ginger, garlic and powdered spices into a food processor. Grind to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, on a medium flame.
- Add the paste and fry till the oil begins to separate from the masala.
- Now, add chicken and fry till the pieces turn opaque (whitish).
- Add coconut milk, green chilies, salt and potatoes. Stir well.
- Cook till the chicken and potatoes are done.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn heat off and gently spoon curry into serving dish.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves.
- Maharashtrian Chicken Curry is ready.