Mixed Vegetable Soup Recipe
Photo Credit: http://jeanetteshealthyliving.com/2010/09/mixed-vegetable-soup-with-wheat-berries-and-baby-spinach-recipe.html
|Mixed Vegetable Soup Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||12 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 Carrot (grated)
- ½ Celery Rib (Ajwain) (chopped)
- 2 tbsp Green Pepper (Capsicum) (chopped)
- 1 Onion (medium size) (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Sodium Mixed Vegetable Broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced Tomatoes (undrained)
- 3/4 tsp Sugar
- 1 pinch Pepper
- 1-1/2 tbsp Cornstarch
How to make Mixed Vegetable Soup:
- In a small saucepan, sauté the carrot, celery, green pepper and onion in butter until tender.
- Set aside 2 tablespoons broth.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, pepper and remaining broth to vegetable mixture; bring it to boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved broth until smooth; gradually add to the soup.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
Serve it hot.