Nawabi Pulao Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.evernewrecipes.com/rice-recipes/nawabi-pulao-recipe.html
|Nawabi Pulao Recipe|
||9.5 / 10 (8 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 1/2 kg Chicken
- 1/4 kg Mutton
- 1 cup Curd (yogurt)
- 1/2 kg Rice
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Onions
- 1/2 cup Green Peas (shelled)
- 1 pod Garlic
- 1 big piece Ginger
- 1 tbsp Rose Water
- Salt (to taste)
How to make Nawabi Pulao:
- Soak rice in water for 15 minutes. Cook it with salt and water. Set aside.
- Clean the mutton and chop it into cubes and join the chicken.
- Boil the eggs and keep them aside. Boil green peas with salt and keep aside. Also, slice onions and keep aside.
- Grind ginger and garlic to make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add sliced onions and ginger-garlic paste and fry well.
- Add mutton cubes and fry for a few minutes. Then, add in jointed chicken and fry well.
- Pour in 3 cups of water and salt to taste. Continue to cook on low heat, until the meat is tender and the gravy thickens to 1/3rd.
- Add some more oil and well-beaten curd. Cook on low heat, until the curd is absorbed by the meats. Finally, add rose water.
- Take a heavy bottomed vessel and arrange alternate layers of rice and cooked meat, ensuring that the first and last layer consists of rice.
- Place the vessel in an oven and cook until the rice grains separate from each other.
- Garnish with boiled eggs and boiled green peas before serving.