Pineapple Curry Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/slow-cooker-chicken-coconut-pineapple-curry/10cefcdd-ad4f-49be-aa6d-43c25a608da8
|Pineapple Curry Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
- 1 fresh Pineapple
- ½ cup Onion (chopped)
- 2 Green Chilies (chopped)
- 50 g Ghee
- 5-6 Curry Leaves
- ½ Lemon Grass Stems
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- ½ tsp Turmeric
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 200 ml Coconut Milk
- ½ tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tbsp Cilantro (finely chopped)
How to make Pineapple Curry:
- Slice the pineapple lengthwise into 2 equal parts. Scoop out the flesh and cut into cubes.
- Reserve the half pineapple shells.
- Heat ghee in a frying pan and splutter mustard seeds, green chilies, and curry leaves.
- Add onions and lemon grass. Fry until lightly golden.
- Sprinkle red chili powder, pepper, turmeric, and salt. Mix well.
- Add pineapple pieces and stir fry for few minutes, until the pineapple turns tender.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut milk.
- Sprinkle fennel and place back on the stove. Simmer on low flame for another 10 minutes.
- Transfer the preparation into the empty pineapple shells and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve hot.