Puliyogare Mix Recipe
Photo Credit: http://meramall.co.in/guru-puliyogare-mix-300-gm
|Puliyogare Mix Recipe|
||10.0 / 10 (2 votes)|
- 1 cup fresh Coconut (shredded)
- 4 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 2 tsp Peppercorns
- A pinch of Hing (Asoefetida)
- 4 tsp Peanuts (shelled and skinned)
- 2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 12 Red Chilies
- 4 tsp White Sesame Seeds
- 2 sprigs Curry Leaves
- 2 tsp Urad Dal (black gram dal)
- 1 tsp Channa Dal (Bengal gram dal)
- 8 tsp Oil/Ghee
- 1-1/2 cups thick Tamarind Juice
- 1 small piece Jaggery/1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
How to make Puliyogare Mix:
- Roast the coconut and set aside.
- Roast coriander, cumin, 6 red chillies, 1 sprig curry leaves, pepper, asoefetida, 1 tsp mustard, 2 tsp sesame seeds, 1/2 tsp channa dal,1 tsp urad dal and 2 tsp peanuts, one by one, till they begin to release aroma.
- Cool down and grind in a food processor, to make a fine powder. Set aside.
- Mix in roasted coconut and blend once again. Set aside.
- Heat some oil and put the remaining mustard seeds, red chilies, urad dal, channa dal, peanuts, sesame seeds and curry leaves.
- Add tamarind juice and salt/jaggery when the seeds begin to splutter. Mix well and add salt to taste.
- As the liquid begins to boil, add powdered masala and continue to simmer, till you get a sticky masala.
- Heat through and cool.
- You can store it for a month in an airtight container, in the refrigerator.
- Mix the masala with plain cooked rice to make puliyogare.