Spicy Carrot Pickle Recipe
Photo Credit: http://indianhotrecipes.blogspot.in/2008/10/spicy-carrot-pickle.html
|Spicy Carrot Pickle Recipe|
||25 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek Powder
- 2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 pinch Asafetida
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 15 Carrots (peel & cut)
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 2 dry Red Chilies (broken into pieces)
- 1 1/2 tsp Brown Sugar (or powdered Jaggery)
- 3 tsp Lemon Juice or Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Black Gram
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 cup Oil
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Curry Leaves
How to make Spicy Carrot Pickle:
- In a blender, make a paste of onion and set it aside.
- Now heat oil and toss mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds and black gram. Fry until the seeds splutter.
- Add asafetida, curry leaves and broken red chillies to it.
- Add pasted onion and ginger-garlic paste and cook until it turns brown in color.
- Remove it from heat and allow it to cool.
- Add carrot, lemon juice, salt and other ingredients to the mixture after it cools down.
- Stir it well and spoon it into airtight jar and refrigerate it for an extra crunchy taste.
- Enjoy the pickle after 2 days.
Serve it with chapatis and rotis.