Vellarikka Pachadi Recipe
Photo Credit: http://paakam.blogspot.in/2011/12/vellarikka-pachadi.html
|Vellarikka Pachadi Recipe|
||8.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 2 Cups vellarika, finely chopped
- 1 Cup coconut, grated
- 3 Green chilies,
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 3 Dried red chillies, cut into 6 pieces
- 2 Sprig curry leaves
- 1-1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Cup curd
- Salt to taste
- 3 dsp Coconut oil
How to make Vellarikka Pachadi:
- Take a pan and heat little oil in it.
- Add cucumber with 2-3 tsp of water and salt to it.
- Cover and cook it for few minutes till the cucumber gets cooked, keep stirring.
- Grind coconut, mustard, green chillies and cumin seeds together to make a fine paste.
- Add the ground paste to it and cook over medium flame.
- Add little water if needed, the mixture should be thick.
- Mean while heat oil in another pan and sauté 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, red chilies, and curry leaves in it.
- Add this seasoning to the cucumber mixture.
- Remove it from the heat
- Allow the mixture to cool and combine beaten curd with the mixture.