Badaam Poori Recipe
|Badaam Poori Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
- 2 cups all purpose Flour (Maida)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 4 tbsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- Orange Food Color
- Dry Coconut (grated)
- Chopped Nuts
- Oil for frying
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
How to make Badaam Poori:
- Mix flour, food color and salt with water to make soft dough.
- Keep it covered for 20 minutes.
- Now prepare the sugar syrup by adding 1 cup of water to 1 cup of sugar and boiling it.
- Keep boiling till you get a thread-like consistency.
- Now add cardamom powder and keep aside.
- Make small lemon-sized balls of the dough and keep them covered.
- Now dust the working surface with some flour.
- Take a ball and roll into a flat disc. Smear ghee on the surface.
- Now fold it into half and then in half again until it looks like a triangle.
- Then press lightly with a rolling pin.
- Follow the same procedure for the remaining balls.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and dip the prepared triangular pooris in it one by one.
- Deep fry the pooris on a medium flame till golden brown.
- As soon as you take them out from the oil, dip them in the sugar syrup.
- Remove with the help of tongs and keep aside on a plate.
- Finally decorate each poori with grated dry coconut and chopped nuts.