Chocolate Peppermint Trifles Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/mint-chocolate-truffles-recipe.html
|Chocolate Peppermint Trifles Recipe|
||150 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- For Syrup
- 1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup Chocolate-flavored Liqueur
- 2-1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 12 ounces White Chocolate, finely chopped (the highest quality)
- 1/2 cup Coarsely Chopped Peppermint Candies or Candy Canes
- 8 ounces Chocolate (40-65% cacao), finely chopped
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 3 large Egg Yolks, room temperature
- 1-1/2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Confectioners' Sugar
- 1/4 cup Chopped Peppermint Candies or Candy Canes
How to make Chocolate Peppermint Trifles:
- For Syrup
- Mix sugar and 1/4 cup water in a small suacepan.
- Keep it on flame and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Stir in liqueur and set aside.
- Prepare an ice-water in a large bowl and set aside.
- Pour 1 cup cream in a small saucepan, keep on flame and bring just to a boil.
- Place white chocolate in a food processor. With machine running, pour in hot cream in a slow, steady stream, and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a medium bowl, set in ice-water bowl. Let it cool down, stirring occasionally, until thick enough to hold ribbons on surface (about 15 minutes).
- Beat remaining 1-1/2 cups cream to nearly stiff peaks. Fold into chocolate mixture, followed by the candies. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until thickened and almost firm (around 4 to 6 hours).
- Put chocolate into a large bowl; set aside.
- Bring cream to almost a boil, in a small saucepan.
- Whisk yolks in a bowl. Pour in hot cream in a slow, steady stream, while whisking.
- Pour mixture back into pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon (about 1 minute).
- Pour over chocolate, through a fine sieve. Whisk until smooth.
- Set bowl in ice-water bowl. Let it cool down, stirring occasionally, until thick enough to hold ribbons on surface, about 15 minutes.
- Place plastic wrap directly on surface and refrigerate until set (about 3 hours).
- Spread one-third of the mousse into bottom of a glass trifle bowl that is 8 to 10 inches in diameter.
- Top with a cake layer, and brush with half the syrup.
- Top with half the pudding, then another third of mousse and repeat the process till the end.
- Beat cream and sugar, until soft peaks form.
- Top trifle with the whipped cream, and sprinkle crushed peppermint candy or canes on top.
- Serve immediately.