Chocolate Wafers Recipe
|Chocolate Wafers Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- ¾ cup Pastry Flour
- ¾ cup Dutch Processed Cocoa
- 4 tbsp Butter (unsalted)
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Powdered Sugar (for dusting)
How to make Chocolate Wafers:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the rack at the middle level of the oven.
- Melt butter and combine with brown sugar, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl with an electric mixer. Beat on medium speed until light.
- Beat in the egg until smooth.
- Sift cocoa, flour, and salt together in a separate bowl.
- Gradually add to the butter-egg mixture and beat until integrated completely.
- Scrape the dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap.
- Cover with another piece of wrap and press the dough into a rough disk.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Divide the dough into 3 parts and roll-out each into a 6-inch square.
- Cut them by a round-cutter and place on greased baking sheets.
- Pierce them several times and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Bake in batches for 20 minutes.
- Remove and cool. Store in an air-tight container.