Coconut Lemon Cake Recipe
Photo Credit: http://essentialbaking.com/escape-to-paradise-with-coconut-lemon-cake/
|Coconut Lemon Cake Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- For the Cake
- 4 Eggs
- ½ cup Oil
- 1½ cups Sugar
- 2 cups Flour
- 11/3 cups unsweetened Coconut (grated)
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup Milk
- ¼ cup fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Lemon (zest)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
For the Icing and Garnishing
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar (sifted)
- 3 tbsp Cream
- 1tsp Vanilla
- ½ cup Sweetened Coconut (toasted)
How to make Coconut Lemon Cake:
- Preheat the oven at 350° F. Butter and flour a cake pan.
- Take eggs with sugar in a bowl and beat until it thickens. Next beat it slowly adding oil with vanilla, lemon juice and zest.
- In a separate bowl, put in flour with coconut, baking powder, salt, milk and beat it well.
- Next mix it in lemon and vanilla mixture. Transfer the mixture to the cake pan and bake it for 40 min or until it is done. Then let it cool and remove from the pan.
- Take all the ingredients of icing except coconut in a bowl and blend it well. Spread the icing over the cake and sprinkle over toasted coconut.